do you get along?

with his side of the family or yours and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• both, I love my in laws just as much as i love my side of the family.
    Karen_evans60

Answer by Karen_evans60 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I tolerate his side of the family and get alone with some more then others. Mostly my mil is somewhat out there and I realize it likely isnt her fault per say, but an undiagnosed mental illness. But that doesnt mean I have to cater to her or excuse her all the time. I am nice when around her and love my fil to bits hes awesome. My dh loves my mom although he thinks shes too emotional sometimes. We hang out with his parents more simply bc they live around the corner and my mom lives in another state.
    Anonymous

• I really like my BIL, but my MIL is kinda creepy and both my MIL and FIL are unpleasant to be around. They are pretty miserable and blame anything they can on not making themselves happy. I'm glad I only have to see them maybe 2x a year.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 3:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My husband and I grew up together. Our families have always been very close.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 3:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I get along with both sides. They are all very nice easy going people.
    dmoradi

Answer by dmoradi at 3:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I cannot stand his family...and for several very good reasons. I tried to tolerate them for the childrens sake...but due to recent events they will no longer be apart of my life, or my childrens life. ( I know it sounds cruel) But if you only knew. It is unfortunate, but a person can only take so much...
    MaMa2_DJ_IJ

Answer by MaMa2_DJ_IJ at 4:00 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I get along with both sides and he gets along with mine to, we're all one big happy family :D
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 4:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I get along great with my family, and his family most of the time. I had to put my foot down with my MIL though. And since then, things have gotten better. He adores my family. Unfortunately, my family lives out in the middle of nowhere and there are a lot of deer on the roads, so we don't go see them often. We spend a lot of time with his family, and most of the time it is good. My family gives advice, but doesn't force it. If you don't take the advice and end up falling on your face, they are there to pick you up without a single "I told you so". His family accepted me very quickly for the most part.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I adore everyone in his family. They welcomed me with open arms and hearts the moment we met.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 4:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I love my FIL/SMIL. BIL is cool most of the time. MIL - I "tolerated" her for yrs, had enough of her and now we (me & the kids) don't see her. My family I don't see enough of. My DH loves my family - thankfully - and they all love him too.
    Fooph121780

Answer by Fooph121780 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2008