Who do you put first in your life--your child/ren or your SO?

My kids have always come first to me, I feel I am obligated to protect them and make their lives as good as possible.

blackisbetter

Asked by blackisbetter at 4:53 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• i have had to make the hard decision as to putting my kids or my spouse first ......and my kids came first they are and always be first in my life. they need to have alot of attention so they can learn right from wrong ...good and bad....and the list goes on.....don't ever feel guilty about putting you kids first they are looking to you and your "SO" for guidance and love you are the ones who have to show them what life is about. after the kids are out of the house and living there own lives is when you and your "SO" can have quality time alone again.....
    singlemom776

Answer by singlemom776 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Our children depend on us to raise them my hubby is grown. So I say my kids.
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 7:21 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My children ... and I'd expect my husband's answer to be the same.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:44 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• children when they are under age 18
    husband after they are 18
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 4:55 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My children will ALWAYS come before my husband. And my children will ALWAYS come before me when it comes to my husband.
    ValMommy17

Answer by ValMommy17 at 5:03 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Always my kids first, because they're the vulnerable ones who need their parents 24/7. My husband can do without me for short periods of time. ;-)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 5:07 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I think my husband, but not because I don't adore my kids. But I also owe it to them to make sure our relationship is good. It is not like I don't do everything my kids need or want, I just make our relationship a priority.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:47 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• As much as I love and honor my dh, my children always have and always will come first!
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 11:38 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Agree with gwen20.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:00 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Its about 80/20. There will be different situations where my kids come first, and there will be others where my DH comes first. Granted, the kids will probably come first the majority of the time, but I wont say definitively that they will always come first because it isnt true. For common sense things, the kids will always come first :) (time wise they will always come first. they will usually get a hug and kiss and cuddle time before Dh, understandably)
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 5:31 AM on Jun. 2, 2011