Does anyone else find Google maps kinda creepy?

I think it's kinda cool that you can see pretty much any street in the country but to see your house.....it's creepy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Just for Fun

• omg! i googled my address and there i was standing on my front porch 9mths. pregnant! i was appalled to say the least! how do they get those shots anyway?
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 3:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• check your name at zabasearch.com and then ask me again if it's creepy!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• The actually have a car with a camera on top drive down the street and take pictures. I'm assuming it's more than one car though lol.
    Anonymous

• yeah I've done zabasearch too!
    Anonymous

• We've done a lot of work on our home in the last several years and it's been fun watching the image change over time. We can tell to within a month or so when a picture has been taken.

I am wondering if I'll get a shot of my daughter playing in the backyard at some point. I think that will be funny too.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• From what I've seen when I searched my house, they are old maps. I've lived in this house since May and it's totally not the same yard. There is stuff that Google Maps said was in my yard that aren't. Makes me feel a tiny bit better.
    SthrnGirl

Answer by SthrnGirl at 4:00 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• The map of my house is really old. Someone else's car in the drive, no patio, etc. But it's still creepy!
    nichvegas-mommy

Answer by nichvegas-mommy at 4:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• The map of my house was taken by satellite. We're too rural for anything more up-close and personal.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 4:22 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• omg, that is scary
    Karen_evans60

Answer by Karen_evans60 at 4:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• wow...I just seen my house.
    Anonymous