I am having sleeping issues, is it normal?

I am about 6 weeks along and I am having serious issues sleeping a full night, well sleeping in general. I noticed I am sleeping 8pm-1am. Then somewhere between 12 or 2pm until 4 or 5pm. I know I should be getting a good nights sleep and resting, is this normal? Could I be hurting the baby? And HOW can I get back on my normal sleeping pattern? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

meghays88

Asked by meghays88 at 5:30 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• This is Normal, because it happen to me all the time when I was prego, shoot I'm up now so yea your ok. Your sleeping pattern will change when prego for some, but not much, try to drink warm milk if you can't sleep. Make sure your room is dark, no lights, NO TV!
    MsVanqueOsg

Answer by MsVanqueOsg at 5:46 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Very normal.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:33 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Normal, normal normal! :) And dont worry, you wont hurt the baby....the baby will sleep when it feels like it, wether u sleep or not! lol Im actually about 6 weeks as well....im sooo restless as well. I remember my first pregnancy....my clock literally went upside down....I slept from about 9 am to 3.....then from 6 to 10....Them i Would be awake (Alert!!) from about 10 to 8 or 9 am......Up at night. sleep during the day....That was kind of annoying...lol
    MzWint87

Answer by MzWint87 at 9:44 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• ya normal i am about 7 weeks and having same issue
    aliciareichle

Answer by aliciareichle at 2:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I'm so glad to know this is normal! Although it is SO frustrating! I'm used to sleeping 10+hrs!
    meghays88

Comment by meghays88 (original poster) at 7:52 AM on Jun. 3, 2011