my 22 month old son is teething and he doesn't sleep at night?

my son is getting about 4 or 5 teeth at a time i just want to know how can i help my son through the pain. What can i do to stop the pain? and itchy gums

M.H.J.CMama0407

Asked by M.H.J.CMama0407 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you can try taking a wet wash cloth and put it in the freezer and let him chew away and that will help the pain and the itching....good luck!
    lisan279

Answer by lisan279 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Baby orajel can help him get to sleep - if he falls asleep fast. Remember that orajel only lasts a few minutes.
    Motrin lasts 8 hours so that gives him the best chance of getting some sleep.
    Teething tablets can help calm him down. They are like a cup of chamomile "bed time" tea for you. They just help take the edge off of his upset feeling and help him relax and calm down enough to sleep.
    Other than that, you just have to grit your teeth and get through it. I assume he is working on his first molars. Once these are in, he'll have just 4 more molars to go.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My daughter is getting 6 teeth right now, her top 4 front and the next ones out on bottom. Fortunately, two of them broke through yesterday so she slept last night, but before that, it had been three days. We got her one of the teething cloths with textured tabs on the edges, wet it and froze it like someone else recommended to use until her tylenol kicked in. Teething tabs work wonders and are all natural, but rest assured that if you child finally gets restful after taking them, that is completely natural.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• You can use motrin and tylenol together. Here's how- you give him motrin first. Then, 45 minutes later give him tylenol. Rotate every three hours b/t the two. The motrin will cut down on the inflammation in the gums and the tylenol will relieve the pain and fever if he has any. It worked for Ethan. Good luck!
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 5:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• When my kids were teething I used motrin for fever if they had any if not I used baby orajel or baby teething tablets, which can be found at Walmart.
    CAFEMOM28

Answer by CAFEMOM28 at 12:16 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• ok thanks girls for the advice i'll keep you gals updated on how my son is felling
    M.H.J.CMama0407

Answer by M.H.J.CMama0407 at 7:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2008