my 6 month old baby will not sleep

my baby is 6 months old and eating solids and plenty at that but she just will not stay asleep she wakes up every half hour with out fal no matter what i do

lisan279

Asked by lisan279 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies need alot of sleep. That's when they grow. And you need your rest too or a shower or lunch... let her stay in bed. She will cry, scream, and you will feel bad, but I let my son " cry it out" and eventually he realised I wasn't coming to get him and he went to sleep. (2) 1 1/2 hour naps and then a night- night. Don't worry about the guilt of letting her "cry it out" you will regret it if you let her do what she wants instead of what you know is best. Also if she's waking up alot she may just still be hungry, or even a little bit wet and doesn't like the feeling. How does she sleep?? on her tummy or back? Try changing the position she sleeps. Rearrange items in her room so she isn't intrigued and wants to stay up to explore.
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 5:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• He is probably teething. My little one is 5 months old and he wakes a lot more now, kinda like he did when he was a newborn.
    So, if you think it could be that, give him some tylenol before bedtime and maybe some teething tablets or baby oragel.
    lanesmommy08

Answer by lanesmommy08 at 11:52 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• That's very true. My son started teething early. You can use motrin and tylenol together. Here's how- you give him motrin first. Then, 45 minutes later give him tylenol. Rotate every three hours b/t the two. The motrin will cut down on the inflammation in the gums and the tylenol will relieve the pain and fever if he has any. It worked for Ethan. Good luck!
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 3:35 AM on Dec. 10, 2008