How soon is too soon to take a hpt?

My sons father and i had sex last week 3 times unprotected and he came in me all 3 times. My period is due to come in less than a week. I know it takes abut 2-3 weeks to tell if your pregnant for sure . Would i miss my period next week if im pregnant but its too soon to show up on a pregnancy test? How soon can i take a test?

BabyGirl12839

Asked by BabyGirl12839 at 7:31 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would wait until you miss your period..thats just me.
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 7:32 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I tested before I missed my period and followed up with my doctor and it was correct. He said some of the tests on the market are just like the ones they use and can determine pregnancy early because of the sensitivity. BTW I used a family dollar test everytime....
    kandyrayne

Answer by kandyrayne at 9:25 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I tested about 3 days before my period and got a very very faint positive result...but after my missed period, it came up positive so quickly! I would definately just wait for a missed period, but if you dont have a missed period, look at your flow, if its shorter and lighter...test again after. If not, then your not pregnant. Good luck! :)
    MzWint87

Answer by MzWint87 at 9:39 AM on Jun. 2, 2011