Do you cook a "special" Sunday dinner?

What types of foods do you prepare? My mom was always big on having a special dinner each sunday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Food & Drink

• No we make Saturday Lunches instead. In the Spring/Summer we cook out steak, hamburgers, chicken and stuff like that. In the winter I make soup, chili and things like that.

Answer by gemgem at 4:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Sunday Breakfast has become our tradition. Waffles, French Toast, Pancakes, or Eibrot. Berries, whipped cream, various syrups, nuts, etc to top. Eggs, usually scrambled with cheese, but sometimes over medium with toast. Sausage and/or bacon. Juice. Coffee.

Christmas breakfast is almost always an egg nog puff pancake served with the sides above.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I agree with the PP. We get more into big breakfasts on the weekend. Usually always bacon and eggs, toast, french toast, pancakes or waffles...sometimes a breakfast quiche.

For dinner its nothing extra special...just so long as its homemade and we're eating together.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:01 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I don't right now because it's only me and my husband but when our home gets filled a little bit more I will
    MamiKD3

Answer by MamiKD3 at 6:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I usually cook a big meal most days of the week, but wednesday tends to be left over day so nothing is going to waste or if there is enough I freeze it and have it again later in the month. But Sunday dinner should be special I agree. Usually baked chicken or pot pie, something with biscuts and always a desert. My SIL and I can apple pie filling in October and then we have all we need to just pour into a shell until the next apple crop.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 6:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My Great-Grandma always made lunch on Thursdays for everyone. We would have meatballs, mashed potatoes, homemade noodles, fried chicken....really whatever she felt like whipping up that day, always a ton of food, and at least two pies...cherry and coconut cream usually. My Great-Aunt always made Sunday dinner after church. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans and new potatoes, corn or corn on the cob and cake!! Boy do I miss my childhood!!!
    Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 2:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• No. Sunday is just another day around here. Hubby works and we have to get the kids ready for school the next day. I'm usually busy doing laundry all day.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2008