Best book for a 2 year old.

Hi, I'm trying to expand my 2 year olds library. We have lots of Dr. Suess and some very simple board books, but reading them over and over is starting to get to me. I was hoping to get a few new one's (non-dr suess preferably) to add to the rotation, for her benefit as well as mine.

wulfbourne

Asked by wulfbourne at 3:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son's favorite (18 months) is the very hungry caterpillar, by eric carle. its fun for the kids because of the little holes and is repetitive so it helps them learn to read and it teaches days of the week, numbers, kinds of food, and the stages of a butterfly! (sorry if you already have this book, haha, but lots of the eric carle ones are good)
    Aimee139

Answer by Aimee139 at 4:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i cant even begin to list, we have over 200 book in out kids library. go to borders they always have great bargin kids books, or if you dont mind going to the thrift store you can find some great books there too.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 4:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Llama Llama Red Pajama is a favorite here. So is Llama Llama Mad At Mama.

I'd suggest taking a walk through the picture book section of your local book store. They can tell you what the most popular books are and you can look for some that match her interest. For example, does she like to play dress up? Is she a girly-girl? Then she might like "Fancy Nancy".
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My son LOVES this book titled Everyone Poops .  I know, its a weird title... but it is a great book for getting ready to potty train. It talks about how every living thing that eats, also poops...and how every animals' poop is different.  It shows that people go in a "special place"... babies go in diapers, and older children & adults go in the potty.   It will definately make an interesting addition to a child's library!

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 7:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My daughter likes "Everyone Poops" too. It is a huge hit with most toddlers.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My daughter likes books by Laura Joffe Numeroff (If You Give a Mouse a Cookie) and Sandra Boynton (The Belly Button Book, But Not the Hippopotamus). Matthew Van Fleet has some cute interactive books. My daughter loves the Tails book.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 9:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2008