Do you buy your own Christmas presents?

My DH is COMPLETELY clueless about anything to get me. He doesn't pick up on hints or anything. I have even told him flat out what I want. He just tells me to go get it. I feel awful shopping of myself, I would rather spend more money on the kids.

angeladh82

Asked by angeladh82 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Holidays

• I do because he can't be trusted. He went one time and I got a sweater that I could not wear anywhere but the bedroom. It was so tight that fabric stretched open and became a see through top. LOL
    August2068

Answer by August2068 at 6:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• LOL that is exactly what it is like at my house! I do buy myself gifts and wrap them and tell my husband "hey you gave me these". Sometimes we go to the store together and I'll physically show him the stuff I want and then he goes back later and buys them for me. Some men just aren't naturally good gift givers. I've learned to deal with it. It's the thought that counts LOL!!!
    babymakr

Answer by babymakr at 4:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My dh takes me to the store of my choice, I pick out what I want (i.e. Ariat boots) and he pays for it. I tell him what I would like--(hay for my horses) he calls, has it delivered and pays for it.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 4:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Nope I dont buy for myself and he doesnt buy for himself. If we have extra money then we go buy what we think the other might want. Its a rule and then sometimes I just wonder why he would think I wanted some of what he buys. My mom and dad are the same. One year my dad got her a fishing rod.

Answer by gemgem at 4:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My DH has never bought me a present, not even once. He never mentions it either. I guess just be glad he tells you to buy whatever you want. I'm a SAHM so he screams whenever I ask for anything.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 4:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i dont get presents either. you ladies are lucky you are "forced" to get what you want. oh well christmas is for the kids anyways.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 4:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My dh and I usually buy a couple of little things for eachother, then later in the year, we'll buy something for ourselves and say it was for Christmas. He usually does that with my bday though, takes me to the store and tells me to pick out something. I don't really like doing that because yeah, I get something I want, but I would rather have him put in the thought to get me something! And if I want something, I can just go buy it anyway, so what's the difference!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 6:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My husband wishes I would =) I usually have to be very specific about what I want and then he will go get exactly that. If not, it can be kinda scary. He tries though. I wouldn't mind it if we didn't exchange gifts at all though, my parents never did.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 6:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2008