When to move your child to the crib with acid reflex?

My son is 4 months and has acid reflex. The doctor told me to move him to the crib now, but I'm afraid he will throw up and choke if laying flat. She said I could elevate the crib, but I don't think he will stay in one spot. Any suggestions?
Right now he sleeps in a papason chair next to my bed. I know it will be hard on him when he goes to the crib and me not being right there.

DJMsmom

Asked by DJMsmom at 4:07 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm going through the exact same thing and mine's 4 months too. I tried him in his crib last night and he did well for a few hours but once he woke up he would NOT go back to sleep. I tried elevating him but he just kept rolling all over the place. We finally gave up and put him in his swing where he's been sleeping and he slept the rest of the night with no problem. I guess it's just going to take some time. Let me know if you find anything that works!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• It sounds like you may be creating problems that are'nt there. If the doctor says it's time to move him I would follow that advice.If the doc has no concern for aspiration I would mocve himnow before you develop real issues where you can not get him in a bed of his own. I totally understand your concern, my daughter had severe acid reflux for a good long while. She always slept in her crib. When she was small enough I got one of those in bed sleepers. It was a hard plastic shell with cushioning to prevent a mother who was cosleeping from rolling over on her baby. I used this in the crib and then elevated the crib from below with rolled towels. She stayed right where she was supposed to.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• The crib has acid reflux??? Oh, ok...nevermind. wink mini

There are wedge-shaped pillows that you can use and thereare lifts you can buy specifically for this purpose that elevate one side of the crib without allowing the crib to move around.  Check on amazon or your favorite retailer for these types of items.

Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 4:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I was going to say the same thing!! That what popped into my head when I read the title. But, like the other posters said elevate one side and see if that helps.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My daughter had to sleep on a wedge when she was born, my suggestion is to get a wedge and a baby sling that you tie to the crib and your baby will lay in it. That's what we did with our little one. I have both still were do you live??
    determind

Answer by determind at 10:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2008