Am i not going to be saved with this guilt?

so my boyfriend and i recently just got engaged.we dont have any kids yet but we plan to someday.a little less then a year before our engagement i cheated on him.. i did tell him but i didnt tell him the whole truth. i was really drunk and i barely remember much but all i know is that we did way more then just kiss.i just could not get myself to tell him the whole truth, i already hurt him enough by telling him i just kissed him.i know im a terrible person and i deserve the worst. one of my problems are though, i want to get closer to god and i feel like this guilt is stopping me.and im not just saying that is a good thing to get close to god, i actually want to.me and my man both want to start going to church and just be closer to him because we have been so far from him.but with this whole guilt on my chest, i feel like i wont be saved.when all this happened i kept asking god for help on what i should do and i ended up just telling him that i just kissed the guy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• God will never turn away from you, expecially when your heart feels sorry. the guilt is a sign you are on the right track. i would suggest you find a way to tell him. mybe write him a letter and pray that God leads you in writting you, but the truth is God will not turn away from a repentant heart, he loves you.
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 9:24 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• why did i only tell him half of what happened when i was asking god on what i should do. i felt like i was doing the right thing by atleast telling him i messed up. did God tell me to tell him half of it? im just so confused.. i was praying and praying and he led me to tell him only that i kissed him. does he have another plan for me in the future? i shouldve told him everything but now its too late..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:32 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Guilt comes from Satan. Ask for forgiveness and let it go. Don't let Satan throw it back in your face. The Bible says once you ask for forgiveness God remembers it no more. Follow God's example
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• God is not of lies sweety, God is the truth. The lies are from satan. God would not tell you to tell half the truth. I had to tell the whole truth when i was in the same situation and i felt so much cleaner afterwards. i will pray that you listen to Gods voice in leading you and that you can hear God amung the confusion. i have been there it is confusing and hard, but it will work out beleave me it will. and God is not of confusion, satan is. God is of the truth remember that
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 9:47 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Hun, I think the one that needs to forgive is YOU. You are the one who is not forgiving yourself.

Write it down in a letter to your SO, the whole truth and then tear up the letter and forgive yourself and put it behind you.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:53 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• First of all, this sorrow that drives you to repentance and change of heart and life is a good thing...it still hurts, but it's an important part of the process.

The steps of repentance are:
    1 feel sorry (you're doing that).
    2 ask God for forgiveness (some religions suggest some sins be discussed with an ecclesiastical leader as well)
    3 where possible, ask forgiveness of anyone hurt, and fix things (you half did this).
    4 don't do it again (you're doing this).

At the end of this process, you will feel the miraculouse peace of forgiveness. You'll remember that it hurt, but won't be able to quite recall those feelings of pain. Just finish the process.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 2:02 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• you have to tell him the truth,and ask him to forgive you cause already has,you all need a clean slate befor youall can move on.if he love you he will forgive you and lay this down to rest
    MADUKES402

Answer by MADUKES402 at 8:55 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• God is love. If you want a closer relationship with God, I suggest Conversations with God, by Neal Donald Walsh. Guilt will kill you, feel it & let it go.... guilt is the emotion that lets you beware the choices you made were not true to who you are. Remember we are constantly recreating our selves anew, what you did in the past is not who you are
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 11:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Salvation is not the question here. Jesus died on the cross to save everyone who will accept it forgiveness of their sins and a right standing with God. I am concerned about your relationship with your boyfriend. Any relationship that is begun or taken to the next level without truth as the basis is in trouble from the start. I suspect you know this and that is where the guilt is coming from.
    quinnmommy

Answer by quinnmommy at 4:29 AM on Jun. 5, 2011