Would you find your next babysitter on Care.com?

banana-bear

Asked by banana-bear at 9:30 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• I tried care.com and other websites. It seemed okay... but I prefer to rely on word of mouth from friends.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:44 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Sure! But i would be careful to interview
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 9:34 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It is a wonderful resource if used correctly. I do childcare and got both my jobs through care.com and sittercity. Follow all safety guidelines on the site, have the provider post the background check, call several references, and have first interview at a public place like a coffe shop or something. I even had my fingerprints for one family. This goes both ways. All parties need to be safe.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 9:48 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I prefer to find mine online at the local university site. They have to be at least somewhat responsible if they are in college, most of the time they have a goal, and they have flexible schedules. Of course, I do background checks and ask for references!

Answer by missanc at 10:30 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• yes but would be thorough in interviewing them and asking for references They have to be at least somewhat responsible if they are in college, most of the time they have a goal, and they have flexible schedules
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 2, 2011