Making tree ornaments with children...

Anyone got any ideas and what and how to make them? And what craft materials I would use. I've never done it before and would really appreciate some advice, thanks!

haleykarson

Asked by haleykarson at 4:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• This year we picked up some pinecones at the store and painted them at home with white paint. Then while the paint was still wet we sprinkled them with glitter. When they're dry you tie yarn around the top part and hang them all over the tree. They're so pretty and smell AWESOME if you get the cinnamon scented ones!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I made them with my 3.5 yr old dd and 2 yr old grandson this year. I went to walmart and in the craft aisle they have some with everything you need in them. We did snowflakes this year. I also did glass ornaments and used paint and put their names on them with 2008 on them. I let them paint a couple themselves and then put 2008 on them also.

Answer by gemgem at 4:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• try this site for free craft patterns; scroll down to the kids section: http://www.allfreecrafts.com/christmas/index.shtml
    CookieZenmilk

Answer by CookieZenmilk at 7:37 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Hunt for pinecones, paint in white or red or green and sprinkle with glitter while paint is wet.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:41 AM on Dec. 11, 2008