Why do you worship God?

I've heard time and again that I should love, praise and worship God because he created me. Is that the ONLY reason? Is that why you worship him?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 9:34 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Religious Debate

• It's for my benefit not God's. It centers me and reminds me of the greater universe and God at work in my life.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• To tell you the truth i fell in love with God at 9yrs old. i love him for many reasons. he created me, he loves me, he died for me, he lived for me and he will come again for me. there is no reason i love him, i don't need a reason i just do
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 9:41 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I worship the Creator because He is the only one who will ever be there for me. He loves me in spite of my faults and failings. He has given me so much. I am so grateful for His love. I want Him to know how thankful I am for everything I've been blessed with.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Because I have a wonderful relationship with him that makes me *want* to praise him. Knowing he loves me and is there to guide me as I make choices and is there to pick me up when I make bad choices. He is like an ever loving- always present parent and that fills me with so much happiness that I can't help but praise him.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:42 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I choose to. The rest is between God and little old me.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• For me He's proven Himself more than worthy of my adoration and praise. He became my Father when I had none, He healed me when I was sick many times, He saved me when I was dying more than once, He's done more for me than anyone else possibly could. I know that I am forever in His debt and yet I do not feel any debt weighing over me. Why would I not give Him what He is due? He is my God, my Father, my Savior, my best friend, and He knows me better than I know myself. Everything I have I owe to Him and so much more. I love Him because He first loved me!
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:07 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• You ask an interesting question. I continually am amazed at this fundamental question and the answers that come. For me, God sent his only son to earth to teach to those who didn't believe, not those who did. I have personally received so many blessings, that I could not write them all down. I have seen my prayers answered in ways that only God could have answered. He is the only God, By Jesus's stripes, we are healed. I have watched my sick child be healed, I've watched my husband cry out and God answer him. I worship him for creating me, bringing my husband into my life, blessing me with healthy children, and so much more I could spend all day telling you. I pray for Him to send angels to surround my family, my home and work, and he has. Jesus died on the cross, so that me, little me, can spend my life with Him eternally. What an amazing, selfless sacrifice. Could you do it?
    ShelbysHope76

Answer by ShelbysHope76 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Because I see tangible evidence of His goodness in my life and since I have been a believer I have gained so much clarity and insight into the human spirit and been given so many gifts because of it.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 11:43 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Because He is the creator of Heaven & Earth & everything in between. The Alpha & Omega. He gave His only son to us. He knows us better than we know ourselves. He will always be there for us, to help us, to guide us & to give us strenght to get through the hard times. He loves us & forgives us our sins. How could you not love & worship Him?
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:10 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• If you don't benefit from a relationship, you don't have a relationship. Its a mutual thing between two parties.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:13 AM on Jun. 2, 2011