What would you have done????

One sunday morning I told my girls to pick their own dresses for church and told ds(7) he could wear shorts. I found him in his sister's room and he still wasen't dressed. I told him I would help him get his clothes, what shirt would you like to wear? He said he wanted to wear a dress.
What would you have done?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 9:34 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I dont know. I guess I would have laughed and said no and then had him get dressed in his clothes. I wouldnt worry about it though.
    Madelaine

Answer by Madelaine at 2:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I have a son. My older girls used to dress him in dresses. They thought it was funny. He's now 21 and he has no gender problems or anything. I'd just explain that dresses are for girls. Problem is, we tell girls that they can do anything that boys can do, but boys can't do anything that girls can do. Maybe he might want a suit jacket or a tie to help him dress up more?
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:37 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• ummm said hell no put on your shorts and shirt- get dressed lets go-
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 9:38 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• told him dresses are for girls.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 9:37 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• He has dressy clothes for church too but usually prefers to wear more casual stuff.
    I'm not worried about him having any gender problems, he's very much a boy. I told him that the dresses were the girls and they don't wear his clothes.
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 9:40 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I would tell him no, boys don't wear dresses, and took him to get dressed in his room.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:28 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• lol I would say no dude dresses are for the girls, you can wear shorts now get to it.
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Agree with all the above. Then gone into another room and laughed.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 11:44 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I'd have told him to quit being sill because dresses are for girls and go get dressed! Then I'd have went in a different room to laugh!
    KamiB79

Answer by KamiB79 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I would have told him that dresses are for little girls, and i would help him find a pair of shorts. That would be the end of the conversation.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 12:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2011