Ulcer in the eye

My hubby left his contacts in his eyes way to long. He woke up yesterday complaining his eye was hurting. We found a little white bump on his. I looked online and it said that it may be an ulcer. We have tried the cold compression and everything and it is not working. We are having to cut off all the lights because it is hurting him to bad. His eye appt. is Wednesday, but I'm wondering if you have any kind of tricks remedies to make it a little bit bearable for him? He don't feel comfortable going to another eye doctor, he has been with this once since he was in middle school and they know all about his glaucoma and everything. Right now it looks like a blood vessel has busted in his eye. Thanks!

Because of his job he drives around a lot, so I am kind of worried about him.

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Health

• I just had one too about a month ago. He needs antibiotic eye drops and he will need to keep his contacts out for a few weeks until it heals. It's going to be red for a while and yes, it's gross. Light sensitivity is common because it's an open sore on the cornea so it's not blocking the light the way it should. Until he gets to the eye doctor, I suggest an eye patch for now to help with driving. He'll need to wear his eye glasses (im assuming he has a set) and like I said, the doctor will prescribe antibiotic eye drops.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Has he explained exactly what is happening so they might see him sooner? just an idea.........
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 9:49 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• He did. There is very few eye doctors where we live, so it is always hectic to get in.
    babygirl0782

Comment by babygirl0782 (original poster) at 9:51 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• He is wearing his glasses now.
    babygirl0782

Comment by babygirl0782 (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Ok good lol. Hope he can get to the doc soon, the sooner to treat it the better. The eyedrops I was given were called Zymaxid, just for a reference :)
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 11:58 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Thank you so much! he was scared they was going to have to remove it. He's a big baby! lol
    babygirl0782

Comment by babygirl0782 (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Hahaha, no!! It's just an open sore, just like a skin tear. Think of the eyedrops as hydrogen peroxide lol
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2011