Molested and GOD?

I was molested by my grandfather for many years and my whole childhood we were never raised in church. When I was 23 I married and church was a big part of his life. I went to church but held a grudge towards GOD for letting this happen to me...........I always asked if he can raise the dead and heal the sick and make the blind see, why did GOD allow me to be molested.........well over the years and the help of my now preacher I have accepted GOD into my heart and learned so much. I also forgave my grandfather for what he did to me on his death bed, which took more than I almost had. I had to do it for myself to move forward in life. I will never forget it but I have finally after years of hating GOD and my grandfather forgave them. I know now GOD did NOT let this happen.........Have you ever had this happen to you where you felt like "Why GOD why is this happening to me" and had a hard time realizing it was NOT GOD that let it happen?????

buttonlts

Asked by buttonlts at 9:52 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Standing by and doing nothing to help you while it was going on IS letting it happen. Would you stand there and let the same thing happen to your own child even though you had the power to stop it? Would you let it happen because it would be a way for that child to come to love you and depend on your more? How can you justify a supreme, all powerful diety who is suppose to love you doing that?

Forgivness is a human abilty attainable without a god. I commend you for have the strenght to it- I just wish you'd give yourself the credit for it- YOU overcame it all on your own whether you want to believe that or not.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:53 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I never discuss religious things but in this case i can relate, not in the sense of being molested, (i am sorry you went through that) but i never understood how God could let TERRIBLE, UNSPEAKABLE, things happen to children and older people etc... I was mad! Then one day it was my mother that told me, he can't control what people do, he can only deal with them after death. Then they will go to heaven or hell. It is still hard sometimes, but i have stopped holding "him" accountable! Congrats to you and good luck!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Yes!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:53 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I've never felt that way personally but I can understand it, we will never have a perfect answer for why there is suffering in this world but I have faith in the idea that we were born for a reason or we would have remained in the spirit world and with God instead of being born here.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I'm sorry you experienced that. But it sounds like you came through to the other side a better person
    I've never blamed God for things that other humans have done to me.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 11:41 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I was raped, molested and abused most of my life. Where was god then? Oh that's right, in the corner making little whispers of comfort! No, joking a side. I was seriously abused and I found my own way. If you need to believe in something in order to do it then good for you. You will be stronger because you found the strength within so make sure you take some credit for that. But as for me, my ex's mother stood by and watched as I was choked almost to death and did nothing. Its the same as god.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• YES!!!!
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• i was a child of molestation also by several family members,no i never blame GOD but i thank him for making me a forgiving heart,and making me a strong person,i have fed,and gave my abusers a place to lay there heads when then had nowhere to go or nothing to eat.i step aside and let GOD handle that battle fro me.one ended up with mouth cancer,one ended up dying a painful death in prison of bone cancer where he bleed out of every crevice in his body just as fast they put it in he bleed out ,and the other laid down and had a massive heart attack.
    MADUKES402

Answer by MADUKES402 at 8:48 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• God's phony book contains many unkept promises. YahWeh likes to make promises. He just doesn't like to KEEP them. He promised Moses entry into the promised land and reneged. He promised his followers that they would never want for food, clothing or protection. With me, he reneged on those promises too. I'm an atheist because the life that christianity promised we would have did not materialize. I am an atheist because believing in lies didn't work. I am an atheist because I am stronger than that insidious myth.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:12 AM on Jun. 2, 2011