Why don't you worship God?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 9:53 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Nothing in reality offers a scrap of evidence that a god exists. And to me, worshiping anything is red flag for mental health issues.

clarity333

Answer by clarity333 at 10:56 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• For the same reason I don't worship The Wizard of Oz.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:07 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I no longer believe.

Why don't you worship Zeus?
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:14 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Because "God" doesn't exist.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 9:55 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I believe in a higherpower but i dont worship, i don't think someone's world should turn around 1 religion or belief, i mix alot of views in my life- buddha, some of my italian catholic, some hindu i'm just more spiritual than religious
    Jersey_class

Answer by Jersey_class at 10:10 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• There may be some truth to that, I mean I've never expected a "white knight' to come save me from anything. My parent's raised me that if I want something done I need to do it myself, so I look inside myself and think of what I need to do in order to accomplish my goals and go out and do it. But I wouldn't say that this is the reason I dont' believe or the lone reason why some people do. It's just a small part of a much bigger picture of why we believe as we do
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Better question- Why doesn't G-d worship me? I mean, i am awesome. ;)

Honestly, don't feel I need a deity in my life to be a good, moral person. Honestly, I feel bad for those who feel like the only way they can be a good person is if "big brother" is watching, lol.
    Mom2theboy1994

Answer by Mom2theboy1994 at 1:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• A) It doesn't exist.

B) If it did, it has done nothing to prove it's self worthy of my worship.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:55 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• You know the kind of people that will do you a ton of favors, without you even having to ask? You might be in a tough spot and they'll come through for you. But eventually they start holding everything they've ever done for you over your head in order to make you feel guilty and manipulate you into doing something their way even though it doesn't feel right. Eventually you stop associating with those people, right?
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 10:07 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I don't believe any gods exist, (simply too illogical for me) thus it would be kind of silly to worship what I don't believe exists.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:12 AM on Jun. 2, 2011