Who is worse? Christians or Atheists.

We have all heard this argument several times.   Well, I think this is very telling.  

Notice how this post obviously meant for Atheists has had every answer downvoted multiple times.

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/861511/Why_dont_you_worship_God

And yet this one obviously meant for Christians hasn't got any downvotes at all.

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/861488/Why_do_you_worship_God

Actions speak louder than words.

beeky

Asked by beeky at 10:17 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Atheists tend to be less threatened by the idea that other people have different beliefs. Christians (some) feel they need to express disapproval towards those who think differently - either out of anger, fear or hate, I'm not sure.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 10:26 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Quite frankly,they can both be assholes at times.
    MistyBlueMom

Answer by MistyBlueMom at 10:40 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I down vote when insulting comments are said about God. You can call him a myth or that he doesn't exist hes as real as unicorns and pixie dust. Thats not what bothers me the comment that bother me are the... I find the idea of worshiping anything distasteful. It's a foolish action, Pointing out that belief in a deity is a delusional insanity ISN'T hate, I don't know if faith can move mountains, but I have seen what it can do to skyscrapers, some quotes from my fb friends. I don't get offended when someone doesn't agree with me or doesn't like my religion but its not what you say its how you say it.People hold their beliefs close to heart. I will down vote crazy christian comments to.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 11:23 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Actually Kristi, I just got on here and found this post, before I found the other posts ... so I know I didn't know what she talking about.

And to answer the question ... beeky are you suggesting that Christians are less moral/ethical than atheists? I'm trying to understand what you mean by "worse."
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 10:28 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Well, that's silly. A down vote means that I think you're wrong about this issue, not "I hate you"
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:54 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• That first response wasn't worded too great.

Over the last few days I have noticed the questions that are asked to infuriate, inflame or entice reactions are usually asked by atheist. I wouldn't say as a whole atheist are worse. I would definitely say in everyday encounters we are all peaceful and seem to get along just fine.
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 11:11 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• @ beeky- Read the question again... "Why don't you worship God?" It's a question asked about God not religion or people. And calling a group of people mentally ill for their belief is an insult, opinion or not.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• This is just my opinion ...

Atheists do not believe that gods exist so why should they care if someone else does. Christians (not all, but you know what I mean) on the other hand, have been programmed to believe that theirs is the ONLY religion and find it truly offensive that others call their God fake/myth/invisible sky daddy (okay, that is kind of funny but rude sounding) and do not share their belief in said god.

However, there are bad apples on both sides of that argument and unfortunately, those bad apples are how the rest of the bunch are judged.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:27 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• atheists believe that all theists are delusional and are in need of enlightenment.

Actually this is not true. that's your own hatred for atheists coming through. Personally I don't believe theists are delusional, I simply believe they believe differently and have their reasons, just as I have mine for not belieiving. My only issue comes when they insist I MUST believe as they do or follow their religious rules. Those are the delusional ones.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:56 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• that's your own hatred for atheists coming through.

LOL. That's not hatred dear ... that's the result of observation from discussions right here on CM. And don't try and get pias with me. You and I both know that you don't think it's merely a matter of a different belief.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 10:59 AM on Jun. 2, 2011