Baby eye drops

I went to rite aid yesterday to look for baby's eye drops since her left eye is irritated but couldn't find any, i'm affraid to apply visine since she is so little

stella_82

Asked by stella_82 at 10:29 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If by "irritated" you mean watery/crusty then it's most likely a blocked tear duct. Clean with a warm wet washcloth as needed, but no eye drops. They are very common and usually go away within a few months - if they don't, it's a very simple procedure to open them when they are a little older.

Answer by missanc at 10:36 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Don't use visine. I would call her Pediatrician & use warm moist cloths to gently clean the skin around the eye. If it is yellow or green discharge there is probably an infection. The only drops you could use are saline. The drops that you use for the nose, I think the brand is "Ocean saline drops". But I would call the Dr. to confirm before using anything.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:50 AM on Jun. 2, 2011