Would he leave you?

Think of your dh / so 's most prize possession, something he values almost more than life itself. I'm talking very major. Something you & the kids barly make first on, this item is a very, very close second. (In someways, it may be first)

What if you were responsible for breaking that item and it couldn't be replaced.

Would you dh / so leave you over it or make you leave? Would it break your relationship? What would he do? what do you think would happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• My husband isn't that materialistic - I can't think of any thing he would put above his family.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:40 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Like ppl my dh isnt real materialistic. The things that mean the most to him are me and his dd. If I broke her he would break my neck. Anything else can be replaced so no it wouldnt make him leave me or ask me to leave if I broke a material possession.

Answer by gemgem at 10:42 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• i agree with scout mom the only thing valuable enough to my hubby is myself and our daughter and if that were taken from him whoever took it FROM him would be sorry...
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I *am* my dh's most prized "posession" along with our 2 kiddos.
    I can't think of anything he has now or ever could in the future that he would hold above us.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 10:46 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My hubby is a bit OCD and one of his "things" is not being able to toss things. But he would never react as stated above even to his most prized item. Upset, yes...sad, yes. Leave, or ask me to leave no... never. If he would, I guess my reaction would be to pack my things and go.

I don't think I would want to be with a man that would value things more than me or my kids.
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 10:47 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I can say, based on personal experience, that no, he wouldn't. I wrecked (flipped it over on it's side) his 1968 Plymouth Satellite. Just a little dent in the roof (amazing I know) but when she flipped it sort of messed up the motor ... a HEMI motor to be exact. This was his pride and joy but as much as he loved it, he loved me more.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:48 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I can't think of a "reasonable" reason why I'd break any item of his. Dh collects Kiss items. He has all 4 original dolls in their boxes. If it was an accident he'd whine and complain but get over it. If I destroyed them on purpose he'd be completely pissed. Not sure if he'd leave over it. But I'd have a hard time gaining his trust again.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:54 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I would have to say that his computer is his most prized posession (talking about material goods only). IF I were to damage it, I know he would be pissed about it, and I would understand him being pissed (if something of mine were damaged I would be pissed too) but he would not leave me over it. When he calmed down I am sure he would understand that accidents happen, and we would be able to talk it out.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:58 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• He would get over it, he loves you more, but he may never forget and everytime he gets upset, you may just hear about it, most men tend to bring up the past alot
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• hmmm i guess i would be more of his important possesion then anything he owns, he does have this football jersey that he had since 12, i was told never to get rid of it i bet if i did, he'd find a way to forgive me and let it go.

he's very frugel on money even though we dont really need to be but it helps all of us learn the value of a dollar too, if anything was destroyed that he spent a fortune on, he'd be very upset and wouldnt think at the least that it would be replaced because he spent a lot on it in the first place.

If he would lose me, he always told me he couldnt live with himself so i guess thats your answer.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:01 AM on Jun. 2, 2011