My cat refuses to use the litter box!

Why? WHY WHY WHY? lol
Suddenly, starting about 2 weeks ago, our 4 year old cat stopped going in the litter box. Mostly, at least. She'll go once or twice, then only on the floor, in the next room. She seems perfectly healthy. No big changes have happened in her environment. She's eating and drinking and acting normally. What the heck? Has anyone else had this inexplicable problem? What can I do? I tried changing the brand of litter. I took the top off the litter box. I don;'t know what else to do. She's a sweet, affectionate cat. Fixed. Never done anything like this before....

mama_moonsong

Asked by mama_moonsong at 10:49 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Pets

• My cat did this, and he had a UTI/kidney infection. To be safe I would take kitty to the vet and get it checked out.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:37 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Get her checked for a urinary tract infection asap.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:50 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I was going to say the same as emmyandlisa, she may have a UTI which can be cleared up pretty easily.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:52 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I was going to say take the top off. My cat had issues with that. I have no idea, good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:51 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• UTI! I never thought of that! Thank you! I was starting to think she was just doing it to spite me. lol You know how cats are...
    mama_moonsong

Comment by mama_moonsong (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• bump
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2011