Has anyone had a reveal party???

ok so few mnths ago my sis found this really cute idea from a magazine she gets and its calld a reveal party its where you have a huge party and family and friends get together and find out the sex of the baby,instead of finding out right at the ultrasound. and some ppl have cup cakes filled with cream of watever color blue for boys pink for girls..so i was jw if anyone else has actually had one themselfs or knows anyone who has...wat games did you/they play things like that was it really fun?? was it hard to wait to actually find out?!!? any suggestion ladies?

rachel216

Asked by rachel216 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My good friend, aubrey, did this. They didnt make it a huge party or anything, but they had the dr. Write the sex down on a post it, and he put it in a sealed envelope. Then we had a dinner party, with both of hers and his families and friends, and they opened the envelope in front of everyone! It was awesome to be there and see their faces when they saw it was a girl.
    I was thinking for my next baby, i would have the dr do the same thing thst hers did, then i would give the envelope to my mom (she already told me she wants to throw the next shower too), and have her tell everyone but us (and let people know not to tell us). So when my SO and I show up at the shower, we will be the last to know, so either everything will be blue and for a boy, or ponk for a girl. And everyone will get to see our faces when we walk in and find out!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• i think it will be really fun..that sounds cute! i cant wait!!
    rachel216

Comment by rachel216 (original poster) at 1:54 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• What a cute idea.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 5:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2011