My 9 month old is biting my breast bad

I don't want to stop breast feeding but I have a gash (small hole) one the bottom of my nipple and it doesn't want to heal and then when I think it's getting better she bites it again and it gets bigger. I'm using antibiotic cream on it now imbetween feedings and just now she started to bite the other breast so i just put her down. This morning we were up for over an hour before I could put her back to sleep tried breast milk in a bottle it's more of a toy for her and rocking but she kept biting so I couldn't nurse her. It hurts. I don't want to have to give up nursing she doesn't even take a bottle so how would that work. She used to for day care now she just waits until she can nurse. HELP

Springer76

Asked by Springer76 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• pump..thats my best advise im sry i know not much help but once my baby starts getting teeth and things like this start im goin to pump.and mayb call ur ped.. they will have better advise for you goodluck
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My 8 mo old bites me too, but not that bad. If she won't take a bottle, try a cup.
    If she bites while nursing, put her down. Don't let her nurse until she stops biting. Hard to say at night, but she will get the idea eventually.
    AngZacc

Answer by AngZacc at 4:32 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Kids like to test their boundaries. Gratefully my DS doesn't have teeth yet, but he did try to bite every once in a while. I immediately unlatched him, put him down and left him somewhere safe, and walked out of the room. Even if he cried, I'd wait at least a full minute before going back to him to see if he still wanted to nurse. Once he realized that biting equals no more mommy, he stopped.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 3:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2011