Next sep. my son will start 1st. grade!, and he will be at school 8 hs. a day

I am a sahm so, I will miss him so much!!!!!!, anyone the same feeling?, will I get use to it?

tudyluis

Asked by tudyluis at 11:25 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in

• You will get used to it. You will get more done during the day.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Not only will you get used to it, you will LOVE it! I hated it when my youngest started school, but soon learned the luxury of it lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:26 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• i never got aust to it and my son is 11 , i worry about him everyday he goes to school and always will
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My oldest son will be in first grade next year and we're going to homeschool. I HATED the public school they went to. The only thing I will miss from when they went to PS is having a chance for a late morning nap! LOL.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 11:31 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Mt son starts first grade this next school year also. But he was in full day kindergarten. I miss him so much while he is gone and I get excited when he comes home. But I also enjoy the time I get to spend with my youngest child. And the few hours during his nap I get to myself. You will get used to it but will stull worry also. I think every mother worries when she sends her child off to be cared for and taught at school.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• more time for imaginary friends! yay!!!!!
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 11:43 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• You will get used to it! Just think about all the time you will have for yourself and all you will be able to accomplish during the day! I am looking forward to my youngest to start school(he is only 2 1/2) so I will have myself time! But it is perfectly normal to miss them! When dd started school, I just could not get over how quiet the house was!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 11:47 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My twins will be in the first grade in September. I am also a SAHM so I plan on volunteering in their classrooms twice a week like I have doing. With my free time I am busy cleaning, cooking, running errends and it will be nice to have extra time to have lunch with a friend while the kiddos are at school!!
    mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 11:59 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• my oldest son will be in fourth grade and my youngest will be in preschool and it is very hard when they are in school but you will find things to fill the void; I volunteer at the school and this year am thinking about getting a part time job but have to wait and see what the hours and days look like that my preschooler with be going(we just moved to a new school district so am not sure yet); I am a SAHM also and with my free time unless I get a part time job will be cleaning, running errands and the such and just have a little down time to myself.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 5, 2011