Should I or shouldn't I?

My father passed almost 2 months ago and this ethnic Italian couple that worked on our roof and house did not sent their condolences to me. So now the roofer's mil died and my husband calls and tells me to run out and buy a sympathy card and to get the address from my mil right away. I am so no t into doing this right away. Just because they sent my son an envelope gift for his confirmation I have to run out but yet they never gave their condolences...Thoughts? Please do not get upset with me I am still upset about my dad dying so I do not need to hear negative. Thanks ladies for your help and advice. You've been great in the past.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• If you where asked to do it then yes you should. And you should not be upset. Some people are not the type of people that send cards and notes. Doesn't mean that their thoughts aren't with you.

I too am sorry for your loss. It is a hard one...2 mths, 2 yrs or 20yrs he will always be your dad...
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 11:51 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Be the bigger people. I'm sure they weren't meaning to offend you, maybe they just are good with any sort of emotion.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:30 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Yes you should, it is the polite thing to do
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:29 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• You should.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• hugsSome people do not know how to react when someone the know has passed. I know with me I try to avoid the family at all cause, because i don't know what to say or do. I think that if I send them a card then I may make them sad for remembering. So sorry about your lost.

babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 11:32 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• You should.not be upset. It happens.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:34 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• You should. One of the best therapies for getting through the grieving process is to do something wonderful for others who are suffering. I would go and select the card that would be the most comforting for myself and get it for them. Even though you don't "feel" like doing it now, you will feel much better for having done it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:48 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• i would just say -- i dont feel like it
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Well I would tell dh that if he thinks we should send a sympathy card then HE should go out and buy it, get the address and send it out. I would tell him that I am just not up to dealing with other people's grief /loss right now as I am still feeling the loss of my own father. A kind and sympathetic husband would understand..... and do it himself.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:33 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• should you? of course, but i wouldn't blame you if you didn't.
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 11:45 AM on Jun. 2, 2011