Does it irritate anyone else when people say your baby's name in a weird way on purpose like my sons name is Spencer Aaron and people have been tryin to say it like Spinsirrrrr AIIRRRennn.... or spencer earl.... help i feel bad but i put alot of though into his name... and how do i stop being irritate or get them to stop?

nikki8272010

Asked by nikki8272010 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Baby Names

• My dd's name is mispronounced all the time. No reason to be upset. It happens.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Stop reacting to it. There's nothing weird about the name, they're just giving you a hard time, so stop making it fun for them.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:37 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Nope it doesn't bother me in the least when people mispronounce my little ones name, it is bound to happen. I just brush it off and do not take it personally. And I have a hard time that people do it purposely. It is just that so many people spell and pronounce things differently that it leaves a lot of to interpretation.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:38 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• we alll have different ways of pronoucing things.
    if they say it wrong just correct them. be like no spencer aaron. how are they going to learn if u dont teach them?
    OR just ignore it-
    when ppl ask my daughters name i said Riley and they loook at me kinda funny or say bryley? wyley? etc etc and i simple say no.RYE-Lee.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 11:38 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• if you never move, everyone will get the hang of it and won't say it incorrectly again, its if you DO move, then you have to start correcting them all over again
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My Son's Name is Gabriel, not Gabrielle. Have had a nurse do that more then once. If you're not sure look at which box I checked M or F.
    daps

Answer by daps at 11:41 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• see this is family and friend that can say his nameejust fine but hes 9 months and i dont want them to continue to do this so when he starts learning to talk i dont want him to pronounce it wrong were from the south anyway idk
    nikki8272010

Comment by nikki8272010 (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• He will know how to say his name no matter what family says. My Grandmother despite being told many times how to say things always reverted to saying names wrong, in the end it doesn't really matter.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:44 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• You are letting this person win. They are trying to get under your skin and it is working. Ignore them.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• ppl say my dd's name as jozee not josee....it irks me, and her she will not answer if they say it wrong lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 2, 2011