So the Catholic church is embracing social media and has a Facebook account. Do you think it will recruit more members?

tasches

Asked by tasches at 11:40 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• No sounds like others are finally finding them. The Vatican has had a site for years. Always adding more thesis, encyclicals and such from the Church Fathers and Popes everyday.
    daps

Answer by daps at 11:51 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My Catholic church has a Facebook account, it's mostly for announcements and sharing photos of various events, and fellowship. It's for members of my church
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 12:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• The goal of the church shouldn't be "recruiting members" it should be spreading the Gospel and discipleship. This isn't (although it all to often turns into) a numbers game.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 11:43 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• everyone has a facebook
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 11:44 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My church (Baptist)has a facebook page. They just let us know what the scripture was for that Sunday. They just spread the Gospel/
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Sounds like they are catching up with other denominations.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I don't think that's the purpose, I think it's for the existing members.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• The Catholic church has numerous facebook accounts. The Vatican, Mother Mary, St. Anthony, The rosary, ect... and specific churches have groups. I am a member of many of them. I doubt it will recruit them the only one I have seen that is specifically set up to recruit members is Catholics Come Home and that one is more to bring lapsed Catholics back to the church.
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 1:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• The Pope recently spoke about using media more effectively in the evangilization process.....probably why there is an explosion of Catholic stuff in the media....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2011