Not a question ... just an observation ...

When atheists pose questions to Christians about their beliefs, they expect an answer that is outside of their beliefs and without referencing sources that we believe in.

-Eilish-

Asked by -Eilish- at 12:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Religious Debate

• IMHO, when Atheists demand proof but tell us not to use the Bible (or any other religious text) as a source, it's like demaning proof from them that there is a natural explanation, but telling them they can't use science as a source. It's a fallacy, but then again, Atheism itself is a fallacy.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 1:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I have noticed that when a question is asked of a Christian nobody is really interested at all in a Christian answer.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 12:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Not a question just an observation, When "Christians" answer according to their beliefs they expect everyone else to accept those sources without question or critical thought as if it 100% true for EVERYONE and that should be all the proof they need

See it goes both ways and doesn't make it true in either case.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• ugg...im so sick of this stupid crap! both sides sound like 3 year olds bickering about who gets what toy. this isnt debate...this is "why im better than you b/c your beliefs are stupid".

the answers Christians give for why they believe what they do are good enough for the Christians, so why be an ass about their answers when they are just giving why they believe?

but Christians, when you are trying to PROVE why your beliefs are right & all others are wrong, you need more than just the Bible. you always need more than one source for any argument to have merit.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Well because that is the basis of research. When you want to support something you can't use the thing you are trying to support to support it. You need to use outside sources to verify it.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It's not just atheists. Your claims wouldn't hold up in a court of law either, regardless of religious affiliation.

clarity333

Answer by clarity333 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Well you're right about one thing, I have no understanding of circular logic. Using "God exists because God wrote the Bible which says God exists proves God exists because God wrote the Bible which says God exists proves God exists............................." does not make any sense to me and I do not understand how anyone can believe it.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• And using sources that use this circular logic does not "prove" God's existence or the Bible anymore than the original circular argument does.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:25 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I find your observation flawed and would like to point out there are several christians on this very board that have no problems explaining and giving out side sources for their beliefs.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• No when I ask about your faith, yes I want it to be supported by your Holy Book. However, when I want proof that your Holy Book is the Word of God then no you cannot use your Holy Book to prove that.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:28 PM on Jun. 2, 2011