Do you think its right/wrong to write the kids size of clothes on

a party invitation for you kids?

selaranda

Asked by selaranda at 12:04 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Wrong. If the person wants to know, they should ask.

Answer by Bmat at 12:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I think it is tacky, but wouldn't be offended by it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Ditto
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It is not right. What is worse, is a party invitation we received a few years ago for the first birthday party for twins- they had registered for gifts at Amazon.com. The party was also at a fancy place, not child friendly at all. Needless to say, we did not go or send a gift. Tacky!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 12:08 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• not right , a person can call and ask what size if want
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• TACKY! Gifts are expected at a birthday party, that's pretty standard etiquette, but it's not a shower!

Honestly, I have so many issues with kid's birthday parties anymore that when DS brings home an invitation I am just so tempted to "lose" it. Good luck with this party, it sounds like it's going to be a winner.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 12:28 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It's incredibly tacky. There is a woman who works with my husband who has one large party a year for her kids (so you have to take 4 gifts, not just one). Each year we get an invite with a list of sizes and wants along with what kind of food to bring. Once she even asked my husband if he would get to his band to play, and when he told her the band eats free (he didn't ask for them to be paid), she said never mind. Needless to say we never go to her parties.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:33 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I think it is the parents who need to worry about buying their kids clothing unless a friend of theirs wants to buy them a souveneer t shirt from someplaceI would leave the size off the invitation.
    myya

Answer by myya at 6:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• TACKY TACKY TACKY.

You dont send out party invitations with gift requests.... tacky!
    Anonymous

• Well, You shouldnt ask for clothes for presents. Thats the parents job to provide clothing.
    surfgrl60

Answer by surfgrl60 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2011