Does your kid have God parents ?

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Nope just parents grandparents great grandparents aunts uncles cousins and tons of extended family that loves them very much and would drop anything to take care of them in the event of mine and DH's death. But I do have a will that states who I feel my children should go to. Don't know if a judge would really care after I'm gone but I try
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 12:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• God Parents are in charge of the childs religious education ONLY, they do not take the child in case of the parents demise. You must name a guardian take your child if something were to happen to you. It can be the same person, but if you do not have a guardian appointed, the child will go to next of kin even if they have God parents
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 12:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Yes. We even have a will in the event something happened to us. God forbid, but at least the children will have a plan.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Yes, but they might as well not. We didn't really know of anyone to ask, when my kids were baptized. My priest suggested someone to us. They must have had had a different term for god parents than us. They have seen my three kids once in the past 6 years.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• nope
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Nope. Godparents are a religious thing. We're atheists.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Nope. Our children have no need for them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• No.

Answer by missanc at 2:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Nope.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Yes, we are Catholic and it's. Requirement for baptism. It can be a relative that's chosen, ut they have to be a practicing Catholic.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2011