Endometriosis...

Have any of you had it or do you have it? My mother had it when she was younger and I am getting these abnormally terrible periods the pain is excruciating like contractions and also last night might be TMI but I had pain during sex and when i researched it those were two symptoms. Mom said that she had terrible pain alot havent asked her about during sex. Also i read that you can have no symptoms at all but the main one is infertility or trouble getting pregnant...My mom ended up having to have a hysterectomy because of it...Just wondering if I am being paranoid or not. And if any of you have it if you have had trouble getting pregnant?? Just freaking out i guess...

Linda_PF

Asked by Linda_PF at 12:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Health

• I have it, but didn't have trouble getting pregnant.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 12:25 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I had it but did not develop it until after I had had my children. Heavy bleeding and pain during periods were my worst symptoms. I toughed it out, though, and still have all my plumbing at the age of almost 65.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:30 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I had no symptoms at all until I was 25 then sex starting being uncomfortable, then painful, I started getting mild/semi sharp pains where my ovaries are, my periods never got terrible and the Dr's never really checked in to it until after not being able to conceive a child so almost 3 years into trying to have a baby, my Dr finally did a laparoscopy and found I have Endo and he burned it off and within 3 months I was pregnant.. there was a chance of it going away completely once having my son but it didn't. I have the pain back during sex, we can only do one position and now my periods make me sick, literally like the flu and are a full 6 days , 2 of which are pretty heavy which I used to have a very light 2 day period my whole life.. so I can only assume its come back.. it is still a very mild case compared to many I guess out there
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I had it but it was after I finished having children. Very painful. The doctor gave me Synarel for it. I wouldn't suggest taking that if you still want to have children.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• maxsmom11807- that is what I am going thru i used to always get cramps but it would only be the first day and my period would last 3 days and that was that now the pain lasted the whole period and it was more like 5ish days and i got sick at first i thought i was getting the stomache bug that was going around but then i got my period instead...and last night it was fine in missionary but once he moved from that the it was so sharp pain i was in tears =/ due for my pap this month so i guess i can talk to him about it then =/ glad to hear some people didnt have issues getting pregnant that gives me some hope thank you mommies for all your answers =)
    Linda_PF

Comment by Linda_PF (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I've had syptoms of it for 6 years and have trouble getting pregant. When my husband gets back from training I'm going to get laposcopic surgery to find out for sure and have it get it cleaned and hope it doesn't grow back soon.
    usmcangel21611

Answer by usmcangel21611 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2011