I want to open my own clothing shop

I have worked in a second hand clothing shop for 8 years almost 9 years I love it. I love my job a lot and I'm thinking of making it maybe a career not a job. Talked to DH about it and he called me crazy. What is crazy about loving your job? NO I don't win 20$ an hour but I help people with not much money, almost all my kids clothes are from there. Call me cheap or whatever but I have beautiful stuff from there. I wanna rent a little place and open it there... what do you think god or bad idea?

proudmom717

Asked by proudmom717 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• I say go for it if you are able to...if you love what you do and it is what you want, jump in and give it your all! Good Luck, wishing you all the best.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 12:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Go for it. With the economy the way it is I can't afford much new either. I don't know what I'd do w/o Goodwill!
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Yeah if you can afford the start up costs of finding a place to rent, utilities, display pieces, register, labels and stock go for it.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• There is a lot involved in opening your own business and to succeed you need to do your homework and have plenty of capital. You need to research location, what office supplies you will need, what display supplies you will need, how you will get your inventory, etc. If you plan on hiring people you need to know about payroll taxes, IRS forms, worker's comp, and any state taxes. You will need a tax id number and need to find out about all local laws and ordinances.Once you have done your research you will be in a good position to decide if this is what you want to do or not.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 2:07 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I say GO FOR IT!! If you afford it and have done your research, go for it!!! NO GUTS, NO GLORY!!!
    Wishing you lots of luck mama!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Go for it. Right now small businesses are the way to go. My cousin just opened her own business and she started from scratch. Good luck. Do your homework because you can get grants to help you.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• If you are in Oregon I have the setup for a store..everything but the clothing...I am looking to sell for a reasonable price.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2011