What can my 15 year old daughter eat she just got

diagnoised with high cholesterol. I want to make sure that she eats the correct things ...fruits vegtables i know eggs are really bad. Please advise .......thank you ladies

selaranda

Asked by selaranda at 1:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Health

• Fish and stay away from fried stuff definitely
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It depends on what fried stuff. Cholesterol is found in animal products. www.calorieking.com can be a great resource towards planning a healthy low cholesterol diet. Did the Dr. give you a ballpark of what would be a reasonable amount?
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• You should bring her to a Nutritionist. They will provide you with a menu of what she can eat & cannot eat. It is well worth the money. Ask her Pediatrician to recommend one.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Eggs are not bad, it's the yolk that is the problem. She can eat egg whites. I agree to talk with a nutritionist or have the doctor give you a list of things not to eat. I'd also make sure she's active.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• you should have asked the doctor or nurse when you found out she was diagnosed. they would have that information for you
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2011