Does price vary depending on location of your doctors office for doctors services?

I'm looking for an ob gyn and I live next to Beverly hills (within blocks) so when look up doctors mist of them come up in that area. I'm worried that if I do go with one from thy area the cost will sky rocket from my old ob gyn. Should I look at one that has good ratings but on a sketchier side if town or just not in a super pricey area?

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 1:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Health

• Your co-payments will be the same no matter where you go if you have Medical Insurance. They will only get what Insurance gives them. They will not charge additional fees out of pocket if they accept your Insurance plan. I think you should go to the best OBGYN practice you can find.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• if you have insurance it should not go up.... For example with my insurance my copayment is always $20 no matter where i go
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• yeah , i would
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Yes, location makes a huge difference.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:11 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I know the co pay will be the same but the services themselves, will they be more if you go to a Beverly hills doctor as opposed to a doctor in a normal neighborhood or the ghetto somewhere?
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• What services at an OBGYN do you mean that Insurance would not cover? Everything should be covered under your Insurance. The only out of pocket charges would be co-pays for visits, maybe a small fee for the Hospital stay and maybe lab fees. If you did not have medical Insurance that's a different thing altogether & you would have to ask prior to your visit what they charge for Women with no Insurance or Medicaid.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I have a PPO.

You know when you get labs done or you go in for check ups or whatever the insurance pays for there part and sometime there's still a balanced left over so the bill is sent to you. I'm wondering if it's the same price everywhere fo those services therefore the bill will be more in some locations as opposed to others. Example: lab test cost $200 and insurance pays 60% at a regular office.
    At an upscale neighborhood like Beverly hills the labs for th same test are more like $350 and my insurance still covers 60%.

See what I'm saying? Im wondering if the test or whatever service will be the same price no matter where you go or will it very because of location. Regardless my cover the same amount regardless where I go because that's the benefits and copay will be the same, I get that. But I'm worried about bills after the fact, when insurance has paid it's part.
    I appreciate all your answers thank you!
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2011