Getting ready for the toddler bed

im going to start my one year old son in his toddler bed this weekend what are some of this things to do or not to do what are some of the things i need to look forward to how can i make this easy for the both of us thank you for your time and your advice have a good day

tjmommy2010

Asked by tjmommy2010 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Best advice i can give u is if he isnt crawling out of the baby bed yet then its not time for the toddler bed i put my son in a toddler bed at 23 months an now he sleeps on my couch its the only place he will sleep
    kiki637

Answer by kiki637 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It pays to be prepared for this type of major transition! Most do it at 2 years old or older, are you expecting and need the crib?
    I just had a mom ask a similar question on my parenting advice website Askananny.com.
    Here's the link to the post! It has a TON of great tips!
    http://www.askananny.com/Ask_A_Nanny/Q_%26_A/Entries/2011/5/23_Ready_for_a_toddler_bed.html
    Good luck!
    Stef (the nanny from http://askananny.com)
    AskANanny

Answer by AskANanny at 2:22 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• If I were you I would not transition this early. If he can not climb out of crib there is no reason and it will just cause you stress.. If you are expecting another child wait until the last minute possible!
    o0luvlissa0o

Answer by o0luvlissa0o at 2:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I transitioned my daughter shortly after she turned one because she was climbing out of the crib.

Her crib could be altered into a toddler bed so we let her watch the process of removing the bars, and kept her bedding and everything the same. She was comfortable with the change.

We also double reviewed the room for potential hazards now that she could move about the room.

It went smoothly.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 3:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2011