am i being unreasonable?

my son is still saying his teacher is teaching about God in school and now babies....last night had my son brought up babies and said that "Mrs L said that God likes it when you kiss and hug babies" i found that a little disturbing. and my son has been inappropriately touching his little brother and last night tried to de pants my friend so he could look at my friends butt. he saw another student do this to one of the girls in class. and has learned lots of things from this child. we brought up to the school several times. today i get a phone call from the principle saying not such behavior is going on cont

bonnie-jo

Asked by bonnie-jo at 4:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• but my son continues to do these things and says these things and its the same 2 ppl since day one of school a boy named W... and MRS. L they making it sound we are making this up but im sure my son isnt making this up. i can tell when my kid is lying. and when my stbx and i wanted to sit in on the class for a few hours or stay for recess they school said that we cant even though in the handbook says with 24 hr notice a parent can visit the the child's class my STBX and i wanting to move him to a different school starting next semester....are we making a big deal out of this? should we let it go? my friend feels the same way my stbx and i do...there is something going on and its not right....
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 4:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• so, what HOW are YOU being unreasonable, I didn't read about anything you did?
    Anonymous

• oops sorry I didn't read the second part...Follow your instincts, maybe you can ask around. I'm not sure you'll be able to move him to a different school but maybe adifferent classroom? GL
    Anonymous

• the other school is 10 blocks from my house and my 2nd child goes to preschool there. the other teacher at the school he is going to now is worse than the one he already has. when i dropped my son of from a dr appt i heard the other teacher yelling at one of the kids in a very gruff tone. and that brings up another issue. i just walked in the classroom that day when i dropped off M. and the teacher was at the desk and there were a handfull of kids in the coner playing and the teacher couldnt see them from where she was sitting, i was standing and i couldnt see them...and she got mad that i just walked in and tried tellin her that M got his flu shot and maybe cranky her response was ok you can go now....
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 4:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I don't think you are being unreasonable at all. Teachers should not be talking about religion and such - they have a captive audience that can't get away! If you've addressed it with the teacher and the principal and nothing has been done, sounds to me like the next step is to go above the principal with it now. They had their chance to resolve it, and they refuse, so now you get someone else involved, and keep going.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Well yes I would say move him to a new school. I mean the biggest red flag that I see with the situation is that they are objecting and preventing you from visiting YOUR child's classroom. If I want to visit my daughters class, I just go sign in, and go to the class. I would make a huge stink about this. Is this a public school system? If so go above the principle's head and talk directly with the school superintendent.
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 5:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• If you an't get answers from the Prinipal go to the school and make a complaint that is total in appriopate. I wopuld have him check by aa doctor to see if he hasn't been abused that is not normal behavior!
    Skippytrini

Answer by Skippytrini at 9:28 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• If there is one thing that i have learned being a mom it is to listen to your gut. if you have a bad feeling and are not getting what you feel is right for your child whatever the circimstance is, you have to listen to your gut. good luck.
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 12:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2008