*sigh*

It's all great and wonderful if you don't believe in the God I do but that is no excuse to be rude or make fun of my religion. I agree it can go both ways but today I have seen more jokes being made at Christianity than anything, not cool you guys, not cool.

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Religious Debate

• sigh is how I feel so much. I am starting to just get used to all the rude remarks around here. I don't understand why so many atheist are so fascinated with talking about a God they don't believe exist.
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 2:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• And yet, that's not seen as being rude to many people. I agree, making fun of anyone's beliefs is uncalled for.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It is? Maybe to some of His followers but not to all of us...we know God can handle all things and we are not responsible for other people's opinion of Him. He deals with them we don't. So let them talk and joke. I find many things and questions and answers and topics on this site rude and offensive and not cool..but I'm here most days.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I find SabrinaM's beliefs in her gods to be just as much a myth, but she's not in here complaining about it.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Oh! Don't you dare belittle the atheists. They don't have a god to run to (Please read my sarcasm).
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 2:27 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• God can handle all the rude jokes people make. It's okay, He can take it.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• oh I know He can, but it is very offensive to His followers.
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• okay, what exactly was offensive? i saw you were upset by comments made in a R&B post, i read her comment several times over and found nothing insulting about it. she was using fictitious characters to compare how she views god - a fictitious character. i'm not really one for assuming, but my guess is you and the others who got riled up were more offended by her view than what she said. if that's the case, then that's your own fault. i am not offended that you believe in god, so no need for you to be offended that i find him as real as the tooth fairy.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• vntNyll- It's called a debate section and BELIEFS section, we have just as much right to share our beliefs as you do and if some people weren't so offended that we don't believe the same as them then there wouldn't be so much "talk" about it.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• so now I need big girl panties b/c people have offended me, that's lovley. IMO comparing my God to the Easter Bunny is offensive, you know it's rude so stop pretending. Even if you don't believe in Him dosen't mean some people don't. I would never say to anyone who believes in something other than Christianity "your religion is mythical and nonexistant" even if i felt that way, why? BECAUSE IT'S RUDE
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Jun. 2, 2011