Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Having back problems...

I haven't done anything in a while that could cause that pain... but between my shoulders hurts like crazy.. and the bottom of my back took Tylenol worked for a few minutes but then it stopped hasn't been four hours yet since I took them, Should I go see a doctor for it?

Answer Question

Asked by proudmom717 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Health

Level 8 (218 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • bump


    Answer by sherribeare at 2:11 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

  • Going to a doctor won't do you much good - they'll either put you on muscle relaxers & pain killers, or do tests & x-rays and then put you on meds. And it will be expensive. A cheaper, safer, longer-lasting "solution" - get a massage, a good long professional one, then a couple days later or so, go to a chiropractor. Wait a few weeks, get another massage, wait another week or so, go to the chiro again. And lower your stress levels ;). I have the same issue, and it's from stress. I get a massage every 6 weeks, and a chiro treatment every 6 - 3 weeks between each thing, and oh man, it helps soooooo much - and it's so much cheaper than a doctor visit and I'm not on any drugs for it!

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

  • Stretching and light exercising has helped me too, forgot to add that - I stretch everything a few times a day, work the kinks out, do a little extra walking or something - nothing that will strain anything, but something to help strengthen those areas (my lower back is weak).

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

  • i would look up online for back exercises

    Answer by lucky35 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

  • i would get a chiropractor. ask around and find one that someone you know trusts.

    Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

  • I go to a chiroprator who also does acupuncture-this combo really helps. You may also want to look into stress management. Many people hold stress in their back, especially in the shoulder area. Get you man to give you a good massage!!

    Answer by phoenixstar at 6:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.