NEED HELP PLEASE!!! TTC QUESTION! adult content

Ok so the last time DH and I had intercourse was on May 17th I had a little spotting on monday and went into the dr. yesterday and got a blood test. They said it is negative and that my HCG level was 2. Is it possible I tested too early? would you test again if so When would you test again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• what did dr say? any more bleeding or just the spotting? test again in a few days...Good Luck!! My prayers are with you!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• They said anything under 5 is a negative but that if it makes me feel better I could test again in a week or so. I just wanted to see if there is any hope. its kind of a hard thing to explain but, dh had a spinal cord injury so the times we have been able to have intercourse are very far apart and so its not like we can do it everyday until it happens and so I was really counting on this time. ya know?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• how many DPO are you?
    tasha94952

Answer by tasha94952 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• what does DPO mean? sorry lol!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:38 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• DPO might mean something about ovulation? Anyway, you should retest every couple of days.
    GabsMom1

Answer by GabsMom1 at 7:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• DPO is Days Past Ovulation. From the 17th...it has been 16 days and since sperm can live for 3-5 days in you, you could be anywhere between 11 and 16 DPO. 11 DPO is probably to early to test for most...so I would say test again in a few days. I hope this is it for you!
    gump

Answer by gump at 9:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2011