How did you find a good pediatrician

I live in a military town and we are new here so we don't know a lot of people. However, the people we do know...use military providers and we don't have that option. How would you go about finding a good pediatrician in our situation.

britni11

Asked by britni11 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Kids' Health

• Well we used the physician that saw our DD in the hospital after she was born (I know you don't have that option) but we had heard GREAT things about him before she was born,and his practice fits my parenting style. There is also a local website dedicated to local health care professionals to help people choose a physician. Other than that all I can suggest it trial and error... While physicians have gone to school for along time they DON'T know everything and are human, thus subject to questioning.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 1:35 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Your OB should be happy to recomend one for you.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 5:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2008