How can I stop feeling like I don't

contribute anything to this relationship. I definately don't contribute anything to my family financially being a SAHM, I do all the domestic work etc. But when i think about getting a job the only job I could get would be something PT and entry level or retail because its the only thing flexable enough since we are soon expecting a baby. And even then I feel like its not good enough even though I don't think that at all about friends that work in places like that. I just don't know what to do. I can't stay home for the rest of my life though...I really feel like I HAVE to contribute financially..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Money & Work

• I'm sorry that you feel like that! However, think about how much money you would spend on daycare if you worked out of the house. Or if you worked when your husband was home, you wouldn't see him nearly as much as you do now. If you have to work sometime, don't worry about it right now. Just enjoy the time you will have with your newborn! Congratulations on the new baby!
    Anonymous

• Thank you so much. Its just that when I worked I wanted to be a sahm, now that I am a sahm to my older son, I want to earn money since he's going to school and I have all day...but our new baby will be here in a few months I'm just having a lot of trouble being happy with where I am in my life...
    Anonymous

• I only work 12 hours a week 3 days out of the week. My fiancee does all the working he will work 45-50 hours sometimes so I know how you feel, but hes told that he feels its his job to worry about the money and putting food on the table. He's not saying it as an insult we just don't want to pay for a daycare because they are expensive so I take all my college classes online and stay home and he works and takes classes at the school. Things might change when we graduate and our kids get bigger but for now I am a basic stay at home mom and part time worker
    Anonymous

• Have you thought about going back to school? You could work on a degree while your baby is still little, and be able to hit the good job market when they are able to attend school.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:56 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My name is Kris, and I have been in you position. I am a sahm that works from home with a health and wellness company. I love it because I can stay at home with my family while also making a substantial amount of money and telling people about safer, environment friendly products. There is a one time low cost fee of $29 for your training and business kit and it also gives you 30-40% off on their products. TThis business is risk free (that being the main reason why I joined) if you are not satisfied with the way your business is going or your products you simply get your money back (it's really that simple). That being said, there isn't any inventory, deliveries, parties, etc. so basically no hassle. If this has sparked your interest please contact me here or at krisdenise136@yahoo.com or give me a call at (205) 447 6722
    MamiKD3

Answer by MamiKD3 at 7:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• You know what! I know exactly how you feel! and I have racked my brain and tried a dozen stay at home jobs that never work! and I finally found something that I believe in 100% the program makes sense and I have made real money with it! So far this month I have made $180 granted $180 is not A LOT but shoot $200 a month that could buy food for my family ya know? I believe that I will be making a lot more soon but, heck I'm happy knowing that I can go out to the store and buy baby milk with my OWN money ya know? This is a program that I believe in and I would love to share it with you. Here is my group link and my website link. The website is not a referral link it is just a website I made up to give everyone more info! Here are the links!

This is the group link

http://www.cafemom.com/group/guaranteedmoneyfromhome

this is my website

http://internetmarketingsales.bravehost.com/index.html

smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 8:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2008