Is God responsible for the blind?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I think this is a good question. In my opinion, no. I don't think God is responsible for anything. Everything happens for a reason.. no matter if it is good or bad.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• God is responsible for all his children
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 2:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Do you believe in God and that God created everything and everyone, if so well it would follow logic that he woudl be responsible for the blind as well..............

If you don't believe in God (such as myself) then it is impossible for "god" to be responsible as God does not exist.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• our physical limitations do not come from God they come fro satan, from when the curse was placed on the Earth in the begining
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 2:33 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• our physical limitations are purely physical, genetic or accidental---not from the Devil...not God's responsibilty. We are responsible for our lives and we should not be so mentally lazy that we think 'God will take care of it'. We need to tough it out and take care of ourselves and our families,friends.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I don't believe so, no.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• No, I don't know why some people are blind, paralysed, deaf, or born in extreme poverty ect... and others aren't.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• (quote: Kambrosino07) "our physical limitations do not come from God they come fro satan, from when the curse was placed on the Earth in the begining"
    ===========

I think that takes the prize for the most offensive thing I've read here all day.

Are you seriously saying that blind people are cursed by Satan?  Tell me does that include little babies who are born blind? What exactly have they done to deserve this "curse"?

Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 5:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• If you believe God created everything then yes. Just like I would say that the universe is responsible for mutated genes and so on. Things happen.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• my question for you is this .. are you speaking of spiritual blindness or physical blindness?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2011