How do I get my son to sleep through the nite?

Every night my son who's 11 mo wakes up not once but atlest 2 to 3 times a night. I have tried no friut at dinner heavy foods an hour before bed the only thing that makes him go back to sleep is a bottel.

melissalv

Asked by melissalv at 6:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in General Parenting

• I hate to say it, but he's going through a seperation anxiety and you're feeding into it. Give him some cereal with his bedtime bottle, and when he wakes let him figure out how to get back to sleep. Yes, it is VERY hard the first few nights to hear him cry, but he has to learn that mommy needs her sleep too! Try a music/nightlight mobile thing that is sound sensative. When he starts to cry it will automatically turn on. Playskool makes one that is ocean effects and nature music. It will give him something to look at and listen to. Good luck.
    firefighinmommy

Answer by firefighinmommy at 7:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• The heavy foods so close to bedtime will actually make him sleep LESS deeply.
    Switch his overnight bottles to water. He does NOT need the milk. Yes, he will not like it. But he will also probably stop waking up as often.

Other than that, just let him cry. It is HARD! You will feel terrible! He will wake up with a smile though. And after a few nights of good sleep, you will too.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2008