Hmm...maybe the shirt didnt bleed?

I posted a question the other day having to do with my DD's shirt. I though the orange on the inside of the neck of the shirt had bled all over the white shirt. Well, today I was washing whites and it happened again, but this time there was no color to bleed. Only on one shirt is there orange all over it! I don't understand. Not on any other clothing, but just this one shirt. Any ideas what could be going on? Not sure what category to put this in.

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 2:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I have no idea. I hope someone can help. That would drive me nuts too.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Could be some oil or something leaking inside your washer. We had that with an old one, things would get spotty and the spots wouldn't come out. Got rid of the washer and never had a problem again.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like rusty pipes to me. We used to live in a town with horrible water, it was off at least once a month for some kind of work being done. Every time they would turn the water back on the water would run orange and I couldn't wash whites for a few days or they would all be dingy orange.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:04 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It is an old washer. It is my MIL's and of course it happened on her shirt! I am so upset.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It could actually be your detergent, or it could be something IN the washer- last time I had that happen there was a crayon in there.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:33 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Gobblins.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:50 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Old rust in the washher
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:54 PM on Jun. 2, 2011