My daughters birthday is coming up!!

Im torn between, gifts, she is going to be 8, does anyone know of any fun educational toys, electronical or otherwise, that you are happy you purchased, or maybe something you bought that you thought was good and turned out to be horrible.. please let me know.. thanks

pook003

Asked by pook003 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I use to have birthday themes, like dinosaur party, they get dinosaur toys, movie party, they get any movie, then i did a gift card party they got gift cards, last one was help by a laptop party, they got monetary compensation bought there computer.

The computer was the best, its not plugged to the internet, but there is alot of enexpnsive educational games for computer, like math blasters, or zoo tycoon... my kids love it.
    proudmomof4boys

Answer by proudmomof4boys at 3:08 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Nail polish
    clothes
    books
    dvds
    heathermichelle

Answer by heathermichelle at 3:31 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• pillow pets were a hit at christmas time, wii games and have not found one they have not liked, a play tent school house from website called tinket tots,oldest got her first jewely box and a big girl necklace and even my middle girl got one. Ages of girls 9 and 7. A purse was a big hit for when shopping has her own purse for things like sunglasses or gum or hard candy.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:08 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My DD's are all about nail polish, pretty things for their hair, shoes, clothes, purses,etc..... I found that giving them educational toys is usually a bust. They use it for a few days, then it gets tossed to the side. Pillow Pets are something all of my kids love!
    KamiB79

Answer by KamiB79 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Has she mentioned anything that she wantS?
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 4:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Nail polish, clothes, purse, etc.
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• What does she enjoy?
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 6:04 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• At that age, it's sort of hard to tell. My grandson is 8, and he loves all his wii games, and the ds.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 6:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My daughter will be 8 in August. She loves to read the Magic Tree House book series and there is a new one out called Day of the Cobra I believe. She still likes Webkinz somewhat. She loves to be outside studying bugs so we get her alot of that sort of thing-nets to catch them, books to identify etc. She likes gift cards too. Oh and jewelry and headbands!
    Madelaine

Answer by Madelaine at 10:11 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Looks like you got some great ideas! Happy Birthday to her!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:25 AM on Jun. 3, 2011