My 4 week old is SO congested!!

My 4 week old is my 4th child, and his closest sibling in age is 3 so it's been a while since I had a newby and he is SO congested, in his nose and chest. I know this is remotely normal for new babies and to have him sleep inclined and use saline and all that. He spent a week in the NICU for a collapsed lung so I'm extremely sensitive about anything going on with him, has anyone had a similar situation where your child had a collapsed lung or respiratory issues and then have congestion later?

EDIT** He had a collapsed lung 12 hrs after birth, and was released from the NICU with a clean bill but has been congested ever since. 

chrissygordon

Asked by chrissygordon at 3:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Kids' Health

• If he had problems before, I would not hesitate to call the doctor. Don't take chances.
    Anonymous

• I agree. I would call your doctor when in doubt! I mean, it could have nothing to do with his lungs. Or it could be a common cold or the start of something worse... trust your gut!
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Call the dr. But you can also sit in the bathroom with the door closed and let the shower run on hot. The steam will help a little bit untill you can get him in to see the doctor.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 4:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• someone needs to call the dr
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 1:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2011