GRADuateing SENIOR HELP.... what to do

My son is graduateing this tuesday, and i am a total mess, i didnt get the invitations, i havent decided what to do, i even forgot to order his class ring.. im in such a quilty slump, i see no way out.. what to do.
I really wanted to throw a dinner at a resturant for friends, to present him with his class ring, but since i didnt get his ring on time what do i do? how do i celebrate this great day. hes fine with nothing, but he worked so so hard to get to this day, he has a learning dsorder and i just want to show him how proud mom and dad are. what would you do for your child or are doing? hes a senior, and my apartment is to small.. IDEAS.. i am a mess
thnaks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• He's graduating in 4 days? Take him out to dinner and give him lots of money or buy him that really extra special thing he's been wanting forever.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Have a potluck at the park with family and friends. I am sure they would be willing. The ring is on backorder (wink).
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• That is a great idea pookiekins!!!! good luck mama and congrats on your grad!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Don't fret they are probably just as bad. At least my son doesn't make plans to the day before. I have been asking him since last year if he wanted a party for graduation or if he was going to someone elses on that date etc. No answers .... In the end he got together with a few and just hung out. I had some hot dogs and burgers and they had fun on their own doing their own things. I didn't get any special gift. He already had his ring, and yearbook and whatever else they managed to suck money from you for.. pictures etc. My suggestion is to take a picture of the ring wrap it up in a small box and let him know it's on its way. We have done that with many things that never made it here on time!
    smlcookie

Answer by smlcookie at 3:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Lots of families go to the graduation and a private family dinner and then have a party a week or so later. Just an idea.......
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 4:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Who has the learning disorder? Mom.
    Anonymous

• Order the ring NOW!

Go to a party store or even most dollar stores have small 'awards' you can get very inexpensively. Have a nice family celebration at a local restaurant (doesn't have to be fancy or expensive) but you can still order a special cake with congrats and his name in his school colors at most chain grocery stores. Present the award (for making you the proudest mom, or being the best son) and tell the group how proud you are of his accomplishment and all the work he put into it.

You don't have to confess that you ordered the ring late, just say it's on it's way. Focus on the joy of the day, and leave your guilt for your private time later. Let his graduation day be nothing but happy.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 10:22 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• to annonymous as a matter of fact, we have special needs you are rude for mocking someone with a disorder.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Okay. Don't worry so much. Pretty much NO ONE has the graduation party ON graduation day. No one would come! They'd all be at their own! lol. Order the ring now and plan his party for when the ring is supposed to be in. We just had a potluck at my aunts house with family and friends. She had a big backyard and a pool so we just rented tents and borrowed chairs and tables from our church. If you just have the party later on, all his friends should be able to make it, and you'll have the ring to give him like you wanted to as well as more time to send out invitations.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 1:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Maybe do a picnic type party in a park. You could make it a potluck if you wanted to,
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:25 AM on Jun. 4, 2011