Can you make meatloaf without the egg?

I usually use crackers crunched up and 1 egg well I realized after I was getting ready to make dinner I don't have any eggs. Do you have to use it? What else can you use?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• You don't have to. It will just crumble instead of staying together when you cut it.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 3:11 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I think the egg is to just help it stick together so maybe at extra bread crumbs or even some milk which I have used from time to time to help stick together.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Yeah i would just add a little milk or some other type of moisture. The egg helps it stick together and adds moisture.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My son has an egg allergy and so I never use egg. A little bloop of milk (like 1/4c) in with the bread crumbs will work fine and it won't crumble when you cut it.
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 3:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• you cn but it will fall apart when you go to cut it, but you can use bread crumbs if you would like that might hold it togther..
    pook003

Answer by pook003 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It will just be a bit crumbly.......
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I have never used an egg in mine...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:23 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I'v used a little milk & as your mixing it pat it & play around with it till it feels right & you will be able to tell when you putting it togeather & it shouldn't crumble on you .
    wvblj

Answer by wvblj at 3:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2011